Set up Uber account for driver is actually an easy thing to do now. Driving for Uber has been popular for these recent years. The driving job might have its pros and cons, but many people are interested to partner with the ride-sharing app to earn additional income, or for some people might make it as their main income.
For driving with Uber, you can use your own car (if your car is qualified), or you can also sign up for rental car program that partner with Uber or rent car from fleet owner. Each choice has its own benefit and drawbacks that you can learn on your own.
How to Set Up Uber Account for New Driver
There are 10 step you need to setup your new Uber account before you can use it. Lets do the step one by one.
1. Check whether Uber is operating in your area
Although Uber has already expanded its wings to many cities all over the world, still there are a lot cities too where it’s not available.
To know what cities Uber is operating, you can go to Uber official site https://www.uber.com/cities
2. Learn yourself whether you are eligible to drive for Uber
See the driver’s requirements below to check whether you are eligible to set up Uber account for driver:
- Age more than 21 years old with a clean driving record;
- Have at least 1 year of driving experience in the US and 3 years if you are younger than 23;
- Have a four-door car with minimally 4 passenger seats, which is 2001 or newer. This regulation on car’s year made might change and differ for each cities;
- Having passed a background check;
- Valid driver license
3. Go to Uber site at get.uber.com/drive to start
It’s more recommended to sign up via your PC, although you can sign up from your mobile phone through the Uber app you’ve downloaded prior.
I recommend you to enter the Uber site because you will directly sign up as an Uber driver without third party.
4. You can click login if you already have an account of Uber rider
The menu for driver sign up can be found under the new account form. By using this option, you will automatically fill out a lot of information needed before set up Uber account.
You’ll be asked to input the city where you want to drive in. Please to note that every city might differ in their rules.
5. If you don’t have an Uber account at all, you will have to fill the form first, then click Next
This way, you are creating a new Uber account. Be sure that you’ve input the correct city as usually different city has different driver’s rules.
If you don’t have a car, you can click the option “I need a car” on the top of the form. Please to be aware that car rental for Uber driver is not always available.
In fact, this rental car program might only be available in selected big cities.
6. Confirm that your car meet your area’s requirements
If it does meet the requirements, you can click continue and if it doesn’t then you won’t be able to use your car to drive with Uber.
7. Input your real social security number
You are required to enter your social security number so Uber can perform your background check. This process is free and without involving credit check, but it may take a week or so.
8. Upload documents that are required
After you input your social security number, you will be asked to upload copies of required documents. For a clear picture of you, you can take it using your smartphone and transfer it to your PC for upload.
Make sure you prove the requirements below:
- Ensure that your pictures are clear and all of the text in your ID and documents are readable.
- Documents required to be uploaded are: driving license, car’s registration, and proof of insurance.
- If you use your own car, vehicle registration and the insurance must both be in your name.
9. Download the app of Uber Driver on your smartphone
Usually a link for download is sent to your phone. You can download the Uber Driver app by this link.
Otherwise, you just can open your phone store such as Apple App Store or Google Play Store and download the app.
10.Input information of your direct deposit
So that you can later receive your Uber payments easily, you need to input your bank account for direct deposit.
Go to the URL vault.uber.com and login with your account then input your banking account number.
Alright, guys, that’s about how to set up Uber account for driver. If you get any difficulty, you can ask help from Uber by visiting Uber Greenlight location. Any city with Uber service should have this location.